Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Making memories

I've decided it's time to start living. I know that sounds dumb, I'm breathing, my hearts beating...I'm writing a freaking blog, OBVIOUSLY I'm alive. However, I feel like I am in a rut and I'm dragging my daughter down with me. I(like many parents) have become a slave to schedules and routines and the way things are "supposed to be done". Enough I say! It's time to pull the stick out of my a** and live life out loud! I've decided to do one or two things each month to shake things up,. Who knows, maybe I'll even start a tradition or two while I'm at it:) I have to confess I didn't just come up with all of this on my own. I went to a childcare conference last week where the keynote speaker was a man by the name of Jason Kotecki. His speech was was on the spread of what he call "Adultitis" and what we can do to make sure that this affliction affects us as little as possible. I learned that I have stage two adultitis...which means I am really a stick in the mud and if I don't start fighting this condition soon, my kids are going to want to spend as little time as possible with me as soon as they are able to get away...this make me sad:( So I vow here and now that I will change(if only a little at a time).  I invite anyone who reads this to join me( I know I have a huge audience) I'm talking to you
Mandi ;p My first "stunt" is going to be a "pajama run". Let me explain: One night after I put my daughter to bed I am going to go wake her up and randomly take her out to get ice cream in her PJ's. Hell, I might go in my PJ's:) I don't know when exactly, but I am giving myself a deadline: I must do this by the end of April. I have one month to swallow my maturity and say to heck with bedtime for one night and create a memory(maybe even a tradition) with my little girl.I'll let you know how my pajama run goes. If you try this too, please let me know how it went. I will post another challenge or two every month. So be on the lookout:) Peace out Homies:)

1 comment:

  1. 1. i was excited that you blogged.
    2. I love the idea of a pajama run. I think you guys should get all prettied up and go to McDonalds for a cheeseburger and fries sometime too! Jax and I have started puddle jumping since the snow is finally melting. Today we did it in cowboy boots ;)

    ReplyDelete